Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Welcome

Welcome everyone!
Alder and Isabel will both be posting what they're up to here. Stay tuned!
We just purchased a 1.5 acre in Tehama County, CA, which includes a metal barn, two chicken sheds, three other sheds (food storage, laundry, etc.) and a 1976 mobile home!
I (Isabel) have never been very fond of mobile homes, especially after living in the South (and in OK for one year when I was a kid) where mobile homes can be death-traps if a tornado comes along. But happily, no real threat of tornadoes in CA, just heat (it's a DRY heat!) and snakes. Earthquakes I'm not worried about.
I'll post a link to the right for some awesome folks in Truth or Consequences, NM who have become my heros for having a permaculture/maker outlook on a mobile home. THEY are the reason I'm game to fix this place up!
Another blog I'll post a link for is for a family who has been doing permaculture in southern Tehama county for 3 years!
Stay tuned for an explanation of the new logo and farm name, and first photos of our first gleaning foray in Red Bluff!
We're looking forward to the challenge!
Peace,
Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment